Wednesday 6 February 2013

Two Problems

I have always wanted to be a writer, but I have two problems.  First, I don't think there is anything I can say that hasn't been said already.  I suppose there are arguments against that, and clearly, people don't stop talking or writing books or making movies just because it's already been done.  Maybe that is an eternal struggle, one that you just have to choose to deal with.  Anyway, that is not the biggest problem I have.  The second problem is that I don't have the patience.  I think that is what it is... I often tell myself I don't have the time (which means I don't make the time), I don't have the... tenacity? Maybe I can't keep at something for very long.  I heard once that "multitasking" can actually reduce our ability to concentrate, and I sometimes think that is definitely one of my problems.  OK, digression is another.  I don't have the patience/concentration/time/dedication to write.  Well, that, and I don't know of anything that I know enough about to tell other people about.  I guess that one ties in with the "nothing new I can say" problem.

So I thought the other day that maybe I should try writing a blog.  Actually, I've thought of it before, but the whole idea that I have nothing to write about (first problem) quashed my thoughts, and I let my second problem stop me.  But what was new the other day is that I recognized this in itself might be something to write about.  And if I at least try, see if I can write a bit each day, then I'll see if I really do have some patience and concentration.  So here it goes...

That's it for today. What, did you think you were going to get more? Come on, it's my first try, my first  day, I don't want to push it.  But I'll be back tomorrow.  Or at least I plan to be.  Maybe I can tell you about our own little "Trailer Park Boys" life, or our plans for gardening, or some philosophical shit I've been thinking about (there's a lot of that crap rattling around in my head).  You'll just have to wait until tomorrow.  And maybe I'll figure out how to upload some photos...OK, I'll tell you what the photo is... Kinbasket Reservoir with no water in it, at least as far up as the marina.  This is looking south, towards the piers that used to be part of a mill site.

No comments:

Post a Comment